Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Funeral & Florida

My, my, how time flies. It's been over a week since I've blogged. Things are very busy around here. My grandfather passed away last week (hence, the shop was closed yesterday for his funeral) (thank you, by the way, for all of your kind words - it's always good to know people are thinking about you at a time like that), and we are getting ready to go on vacation, so there is lots to finish up in the next couple of days.


Mostly a lot of this... (yes, that's a seam ripper in the picture)

Remember this quilt? Well, I finally got it all assembled and snuck it on the quilt machine thinking I would get it done pretty fast. I should have known better. It's been on the machine for the better part of a week, and it has to come off so I can quilt a couple of things before I leave.


On a brighter note (for me, anyway), a brief google search uncovered no less than seven quilt shops in the orlando, fl, area. Would I sacrifice a day in Disney hell with the in-laws to go quilt shop hopping, you might ask? Absolutely.


The shop will be closed Monday, July 2 through Wednesday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day. But never fear, my fellow quilters, we will re-open on Thursday, July 5 with Christmas goodies to share with you!

In the mean time, here are a few tempting new books that just arrived:














From the Laps from Fats book, I'm really liking this quilt:

You may just see a sample of this one in the shop, Christmas in July or not, because I don't know how long I'm going to be able to stay away from this one. I'm a sucker for samplers... what can I say.

Have a lovely holiday, everyone! We'll see you next week!

No comments: