Thursday, June 7, 2007

Table Runner Thursday

I've got lots to show you, but since I'm primarily just going to be machine quilting for the next few days and not piecing (and Cindy's out of town and not going to have anything to show you either) I'm going to try to spread out the pictures so I won't have another blogging dry spell.


Here's a closer look at the fabrics...


This table runner has been immensely popular. It's called Cornerstone, and this picture really doesn't do it justice. The fabrics are from last year's Christmas collection by Judie Rothermel, of which we still have a little bit in stock. Lots of bias edges on this one, but definitely worth it in the end if you can tackle them.

And this is our patriotic version of the Waffletime runner by Atkinson Designs. This pattern, on the other hand, is very simple and quick to piece. Cindy did some simple cross-hatch and in-the-ditch quilting on the sewing machine. I love how the print on the binding fabric makes it sort of look like bias binding even though it's not.

On a totally unrelated note, I have rediscovered my love for root beer, and after a bit of a grocery store debacle, I am enjoying one right now. To make a long story short, I went to the grocery store last week to buy root beer, paid for it (along with some other groceries), and accidentally left it there. Has this ever happened to you? Did you go back? I didn't realize my mistake until several hours later, so I elected not to go back. Plus I had already thrown away my receipt and some other things on top of it and was not about to go digging through the trash. So this morning I stopped in to get some Febreze (don't ask), and bought my beloved root beer. It's totally making my afternoon.


Lots of new things coming in the next few weeks....I'll be sure to keep you posted!

No comments: