Friday, June 8, 2007

Flora-gorgeous

Okay, I know I said I was going to be working on the quilt machine for the next couple of days, but who can quilt when the UPS man brings this fabric!

It's the new Floragraphix line by Jason Yenter for In the Beginning Fabrics. There is an accompanying book of patterns that uses the fabrics, so of course I immediately started cutting. Never mind that I have (let me think....1...2...3.......I think that's it) at least 3 WIPs already started. (Wait, I just thought of a fourth).

This particular piece of fabric looks like it's made of big four patches, but you can also cut a 4-X block without actually having to piece one. The quilt pattern I'm going to start with is called Chocolate Decadence, so I'm having lots of fun with this and trying to keep my drool off of the fabric while I work.

I was going back through the old posts, and I can't believe I've never shown you this before! It uses the elusive Day Z fabric by Lakehouse. The pattern is called Daised and Amused by Tammy Tadd Designs. Those flying geese aren't for the faint of heart, but she does show you a quick-piecing method for them in the pattern. Other than that, it's not as complicated as it looks - as with anything related to quilting, accurate piecing and matching (or at least pretty close) points make all the difference.

Well, I must say I'm very proud of myself for posting three days in a row. However, I can't make any promises for the weekend as I usually accomplish almost nothing during those two days. One part lazy plus two parts beautiful spring weather = no time in front of the computer for me. Although, quilting in my wonderfully sunny sewing room is definitely on the agenda!

Happy weekend!

No comments: