Friday, May 4, 2007

Where's the %&!@* camera?

Well, my husband and I took our camera with us to Tennessee to visit my parents last weekend (with a very brief stopover at Paducah), and now I can't seem to find it. I'm sure it's somewhere in the luggage I still haven't unpacked. When I didn't see it after a quick look in the suitcase, I assumed I had already brought it to the store. Now that I'm at the store, I realize it must be at home.

Anyhow, here are some very poor substitutes that I took with my cell phone.

Here is the first block for the Rosebud Lane block of the month:


The picture is out of focus, and the lighting is terrible, but it gives you and idea of what the blocks will look like made out of our fabric. Plus you can see a little better how the block is pieced with just a little bit of fusible applique. Stop by the shop to see the block is it's full glory. For instance, in this block the only things that are appliqued are: the chimneys on top of the roof, the bushes on the side of the house, the darker part of the front door, and the bird bath. I used fusible applique, and I think I'll take it home with me tonight and hand blanket stitch it. I'm not fortunate enough to have a good blanket stitch on my sewing machine. Plus, I have tons of embroidery floss at home so I can match the colors better.

This is a portion of a quilt I am doing out of the Freshcut line of fabrics. You can download the pattern from the Quiltmaker website. The pattern had 16 blocks, but once I got it all arranged on my living room floor, I decided I wanted to make it big enough to go on the guest bed, so I had to put the project on hold while I cut out an additional 14 blocks. It takes one fat quarter for each block you want to make, and the blocks are 15 inches, so it's pretty easy to figure out how many blocks/fat quarters you need for any size quilt.

Here are couple of things that have arrived at the shop in the last few days. The first is Terry Atkinson's new book (ya know, the Terry Atkinson who designed the Yellow Brick Road pattern) called Happy Hour. I'm dying to make the bag and pillow projects which take just 3 fat quarters each.

And Quilt Sampler is awesome as always. I'm not sure if Wal-mart has this one yet or not. I think they ship to independent retailers first, so be the first to get your copy of Quilt Sampler!
I'll post more pictures when I find that %&!@* camera!

No comments: