Friday, May 18, 2007

Showing signs of improvement

My photography is showing definite signs of improvement.



I am fortunate enough to have this rosebush in my backyard. It came with the house, so I can take no credit whatsoever. And despite our best efforts to starve and prune it to death, it comes back every spring with these gorgeous roses. As far as the color goes, it's not my favorite color of rose, but it does make a very striking photo. I imagine it's pretty hard to screw up a picture of such pretty flowers though. I've discovered that lighting has quite a lot to do with taking a good picture, so I made a point yesterday to bring the camera home so I could take these this morning (ya know, during the daylight...something that's usually finished by the time I make it home for the day).

This is the latest sample Cindy has completed. The fabric is called America the Beautiful by Marcus Brothers. I like how there are really only a couple of pieced blocks in this quilt, but it still has a very "quilty" feeling. Now I just have to actually quilt it. I am catching up on my machine quilting though, so maybe this one will hit the machine in the next week or so. Maybe =)

No comments: