Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Clueless DH

Well, here's what I've been up to for the last couple of weeks.

I finally finished piecing the blocks together yesterday, so now I'm trying to make a decision on borders. The pattern calls for a floral print in the outer border, but I just can't make up my mind. What do you think?


After I finished piecing it yesterday, my DH (dear husband) came over to check out my work. And what did he say? "Good job, honey" or "It looks really great, dear"? No, not my husband. He stretched out his arm, pointing at one section of the quilt (I'm not telling where), and asked, "Why is there a big bubble right there?"

I'll spare you the not-quite-G-rated details of my response. We'll just say he's still alive, although he almost lost his pointing finger. The poor thing still has a lot to learn about quilting, but we can add "Do not ask about or point out bubbles in your wife's piecing" to the list of lessons learned.

No comments: