Thursday, March 1, 2007

Fresh start

Isn't this the most gorgeous pile of fabric you've ever seen? (Sorry for the extreme crooked-ness of this photo.)

These just say "spring" to me. They are part of Heather Bailey's new line from Free Spirit called Freshcut. Like the arrival of this fabric, the arrival of the beginnings of spring is renewing my energy and creativity. I've been drooling ever since the box came this afternoon just thinking about what I'm going to do with these. Can you say "flirty spring skirt"? Or "funky new tote bag" to replace the black leather behemoth I've been schlepping around all winter?

And this has been finished forever, but we just recently got it hung so I could take a picture.


It is from Judie Rothermel's Scrappy Dots collection from Marcus Brothers. You can't really get the full effect from the picture, but I really like the way it turned out. The pattern is Tricia Cribbs Turning Twenty (the original, not Again or Around the Block). You just can't hardly go wrong with fabric choice on this one.

And here is a sneak peak at my latest project. More on this later.

Well, the weather has cooled off quite a bit here (again), so I'm settling in for a weekend of solid sewing & quilting. With any luck, I'll have lots of projects to show off on Monday (but don't hold your breath).


No comments: