Tuesday, July 17, 2007

That's (Quilt) Show Biz

Hello everyone! Hopefully there are lots of new people reading this blog, because Around the Block was a vendor at the Jubilee Quilt Show in Dewey, Oklahoma this past weekend. We had a wonderful time and met lots of new people. It was also good to see my fellow quilt shop owners, catch up with them, and talk about the joys and sorrows of owning your own shop. We don't get the chance to visit very often!

Besides the people, it was a lovely show. Lots to see, for sure. Here are a few of the quilts that caught my eye.




We (the DH and I) rewarded ourselves after the show on Saturday by going to the movie theater to see the new Harry Potter movie. I hate having preconcieved notions (good or bad) about a movie, so I'll just say this: If you liked the others, go and see this one. I'm not going to give anything else away. With that said, I am highly anticipating the release of the 7th and final book (which now that I think about it might be today?). I've read all the others, but it's been so long that I'm going back and re-reading books 5 and 6. I tend to read very late into the night which I've discovered is not good for retention.

It was a very fun but very exhausting weekend. It was topped off by our air conditioner quitting on us. So I've been doing very little at home - I even broke a sweat unloading the dishwater. My dear hubby is on the case though, so we're hoping it will be fixed by this evening when we get off work. Otherwise, I may be spending quite a bit more time at the shop!

No comments: