Monday, February 19, 2007

Girly stuff

Don't these blocks just scream femininity? (try saying that five times fast)


One of the quilt guilds that I am a member of is doing a block of the month titled "A Tribute to Women." Lips & hearts are the blocks for January and February. The top set of blocks are the ones I did following the "rules" of using white and light blue backgrounds. I thought the fabrics by Moda designers 3 sisters (including the new Sanctuary line) would make a nice, pretty quilt. For the second set of blocks, I decided to shake it up a bit by using black backgrounds and bright red lips and hearts. The red batik I used for the lips looked just like a glossy red lipstick (to me, anyway). I love them. I'm going to continue to do two sets of blocks for the rest of the year - one following the rules and one not, but I think I already know which one is going to be my favorite.

Remember this quilt? Well it's getting dangerously close to completion - only a few more nine patches to go, so I'll soon be able to add it to my stack of TBQs (To Be Quilted).



No comments: