Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to the blog for Around the Block Fabric & Quilt Shop! We are very excited, because a blog is such a great way to keep up with what's going on in the shop between newsletters. You won't have to wait to find out what the latest and greatest products are... we'll tell you right here! We also hope to use this blog to tell you about other great quilting resources on the web including designer and manufacturer websites, free pattern sites, and anything else that just looks cool.

Latest and greatest product number one is this adorable apron pattern. I made it up in fabrics from the Free Spirit line Utopia, but you could pair up any two coordinating fabrics. The best part is, it only takes 2 yards of fabric (one yard for the fron and one yard for the back)! The pattern is by Vanilla House Designs (http://www.vanillahousedesigns.com/). I saw her and her patterns at quilt market in Houston in October, and I just had to have some.

Thanks for visiting the blog, and check back often!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love,love,love the fabrics you chose for the apron. Good job! This has been the funnest pattern ever - people are making it for xmas presents. Thanks for the reivew,
Barbara Brunson of Vanilla House Des.

Tiffany said...

Thanks Barbara! I would have ironed the apron before I took the picture if I had known you would find it!

Tiffany

Milt said...

What a surprise to find another Kansas Quilting Blog. I will add your RSS feed to our "Stories From Other Sources" on http://KanQuilt.com to help spread the word about your shop. The intro from your blog postings will link back to your blog.
You might think about participating in our site too. Best of luck!